Formerly known as Chapel Terrace, then renamed ‘Gelsgie Terrace’ by Peter Gibb a fish curer from Glasgow was a tenement building home to many of the local fishery workers or ’Fisher Folk’. The buildings in Glasgow Terrace remained without electricity up to the 1950’s where many of the tenants left for the Prefabs across the river in what is now The Avenue.
This close is now the location of Saltgreens Nursing Home, and the local Ice Cream parlour, Giacopazzi’s, famous for fresh Eyemouth fish & chips can be seen.During World War 2, Glasgow Terrace was one of two locations hit by a German bomb. The bomb bounced clear across the harbour and landed on the opposite bank, thankfully unexploded.
This image will be supplied printed on 200gsm silk, light card and is presented in a cardboard backed, cellophane fronted bag ready for framing.