Opened in 1891, the Eyemouth Railway was a a three-mile long branch railway connecting Eyemouth with many other East Coast towns and crucially the port of Berwick-Upon-Tweed. Initially the station received up to six passenger trains a day.
As seaside holidays became more and more fashionable, the new rail connection brought Eyemouth holidaymakers from across the country, establishing Eyemouth as one of Scotland’s premier holiday destinations. It also allowed more efficient transportation of goods to and from the town increasing the income derived from the fishing industry.
The railway closed in 1963 after a steady decline in use due to improved roads and greater reliance on road transportation.
This image will be supplied printed on 200gsm silk, light card and is presented in a cardboard backed, cellophane fronted bag ready for framing.